Welcome

Welcome to the Ultimate American Racing Blog --- We hope that you enjoy our community that we have created for all kinds of American racing fans! Enjoy!


HIT Counter!

NASCAR Followers

Powered By Blogger

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Monday, March 30, 2015

Denny Hamlin wins the STP 500

By @GucciardoJoey
Denny Hamlin celebrates in victory lane after winning the STP 500
at Martinsville Speedway.
(Steve Helber/AP)
Denny Hamlin had to hold off a charging Brad Keselowski for his first win of the season, and fifth win at Martinsville Speedway.

Hamlin started 15th, and worked his way to the front for the win.

Hamlin had this to say: "We just weren't going to be denied today," Hamlin said. "Hats off to Brad; he had an option there at the end and he took the latter. I thank him for that." -SB Nation

Brad Keselowski, driver of the No. 2 Miller Lite ford of Penske Racing said, "I did everything I could but wreck him."

Joey Logano finished third after starting from first place, followed by Hamlin's teammate Matt Kenseth, and David Ragan to round out the Top-5.

Danica Patrick finished 7th. Her best finish in a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race is 6th.

Hendrick Motorsports had a bad day.

Dale Earnhardt JR. finished 36th. Chase Elliott, who was making his Sprint Cup Series debut, finished 38th.

Jimmie Johnson, who was plagued by bad restarts and long pit-stops, finished 35th.

Jeff Gordon almost won the race, but had a late pit-road speeding penalty. He finished 9th.

Kasey Kahne finished 11th.

Gordon had this to say: "Oh my gosh, I'm so disappointed in myself. I know I was pushing the limit. I didn't think I had done anything different than I had all day long. I'm very, very disappointed. I felt like we finally got the car, got ourselves in a position to win that race." 

Kevin Harvick finished 8th. He had a streak in the last four races of finishing either first, or second in a Sprint Cup Series race.


No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in