Welcome

Welcome to the Ultimate American Racing Blog --- We hope that you enjoy our community that we have created for all kinds of American racing fans! Enjoy!


HIT Counter!

NASCAR Followers

Powered By Blogger

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Sunday, December 6, 2015

GARAGE TALK: Dale Jr. wins MPD Award (Again) / Gordon honored at awards banquet by Tom Cruise

By @GucciardoJoey

Dale Earnhardt Jr. wins 13th NMPA Most Popular Driver Award:
For the 13th time in his NASCAR Sprint Cup Series career, Dale Earnhardt Jr. has won NMPA'S Most Popular Driver Award in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.

"They work tirelessly to support our team, not only in voting for the Most Popular Driver but throughout the whole year," the Hendrick Motorsports driver said. "They're at the race track every week supporting us. I knew that they were going to fight hard to get us a 13th in a row, but you just never assume anything."

NASCAR fans cast 410,000 votes during the 11-week voting window that ended with the Sprint Cup Series finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway on November 22.

"I'm floored," Earnhardt Jr. said. "It makes me happy to be able to see that support and feel that love. It motivates our team, it really does. … I think their support and motivation has a direct effect on the performance of our team. When I see and feel their enthusiasm, when you talk and react on social media (or) whether it's at the race track in the grandstands before the race, it fires me up and I work harder. I try to go give the best I can with that motivation that they give and it does affect how we race.

"I appreciate it, especially when the chips are down. When the chips are down it makes you work harder because you know you've got a lot of people counting on you. If you didn't have a lot of people in your corner it would be easy to give up when the chips are down. But it helps me push harder when things aren’t going our way to try to find a way to make things work. I really appreciate it. You never take it for granted."


This was the 63rd season that NASCAR has used the NMPA Sprint Most Popular Driver Award.


"NASCAR fans are the greatest in all of sports," said NMPA President Brian Nelson, "and I'm delighted that Sprint and the NMPA have given them an opportunity to voice their support. The fans spoke loud and clear, and it's obvious they support Dale Jr."

2015 Las Vegas Awards Recap:
Jeff Gordon does a burnout on the Las Vegas Strip
during the 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series awards
banquet in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Before we even say anything about the awards ceremony for the Sprint Cup Series this year, the highlight of the banquet had to be Tom Cruise introducing Jeff Gordon at the event.

"When you are treated to excellence every day for 23 years, that doesn't go away easily," Cruise said to Gordon.

"He felt as comfortable discussing a championship with George Bush as breaking down Homestead with Kyle Busch, as at-ease with discussing SNL skits with Jimmy Fallon as racing door-to-door with Jimmie Johnson,'' Cruise said. "And with that, he brought joy to millions, used his immense and deserved popularity for the betterment of the world both at home and abroad. 

"Transcendence. Few reach it. He did."



"And although many of us want to say we'll miss you, what we really mean is we thank you," Cruise also said.

"I knew that it was going to be a rough night, but that made it tougher," Gordon said.

"Thank you so much for choosing me as your driver," a tearful Gordon said. "I'm so proud to say I drove for one car owner, the best car owner, my entire Sprint Cup career."


"Am I going to miss it? There's no doubt."

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in