Welcome

Welcome to the Ultimate American Racing Blog --- We hope that you enjoy our community that we have created for all kinds of American racing fans! Enjoy!


HIT Counter!

NASCAR Followers

Powered By Blogger

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Larson settles for second at Phoenix

PHOENIX, AZ -- Even though he finished second for the third-straight weekend, Kyle Larson is now the leader of the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series points standings.

Larson finished second in Sunday's Camping World 500 at Phoenix International Raceway. He discussed after the race how the hot weather impacted his performance.

"It was hot for sure," Larson said. "The second half definitely got hot and the track got kind of slimy. My feet were getting kind of hot, but not that crazy. It didn't feel honestly that bad. The temperature reads really hot here, but it's a dry heat out here on the West Coast. A mid 90s day in North Carolina feels 20 degrees warmer. But, yeah, you know, it was a fun race for us. We ran no worse than fourth I think all race. Was really happy about that. Challenged for the segment win there the first stage with Joey. That was a lot of fun. Finished second, I think, the second stage, too.  Second overall.

"A solid run for us.  Wish we would have been the winners.  I thought we were -- I knew we were in the best spot.  Just, yeah, turned across Ricky's nose and got sideways, killed both of our runs off of two, and allowed Newman to get out on us."

Larson also said that his team has been fast every week, and how fun and enjoyable that has been.

"Like I've been saying all of this early year, we've never had that speed," he said. "It's a lot of fun right now. I'm sure, you know, if I ran second for the next eight weeks, yeah, it's probably going to grow old. But, yeah, it's so cool to be one of the fastest cars every week. I feel like I've got a shot to win every week at a racetrack like here and Vegas where I don't normally run good, and challenge for wins. And Daytona, I suck on superspeedways. It's been a lot of fun to start this year. I just hope we can continue to work hard, be consistent, be mistake-free on pit road and on the racetrack. If we can just keep doing that, the wins are going to come. I could easily have four wins right now. Just got to keep working hard."

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in