Welcome

Welcome to the Ultimate American Racing Blog --- We hope that you enjoy our community that we have created for all kinds of American racing fans! Enjoy!


HIT Counter!

NASCAR Followers

Powered By Blogger

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Monday, May 22, 2017

Red Horse Racing to shut down, effective immediately

By Lee Spencer / Motorsport.com

After 13 seasons in the Camping World Truck Series, Red Horse Racing is shutting down effective immediately.

Team owner Tom DeLoach told Motorsport.com on Monday that the organization was shutting down due to a lack of funding.

“I tried as long as I could but I can’t keep funding it out of my own pocket,” DeLoach said. “We’ve tried as best as we could but I’ve finally decided I may be building a bridge to no where.”

In 532 starts, Red Horse Racing scored 16 wins, 14 poles, 112 top-five and 236 top 10 finishes.

Veteran Timothy Peters finished a career-high second for the team in 2012 and scored his 10 career victories all under the Red Horse banner. Last year when the playoff system was introduced in trucks, Peters was one of the four teams to qualify for the Championship 4.

DeLoach said he’s sill looking for potential partners/funding to keep the operation afloat.

“I’m still looking, but I’ve told the guys if they could find employment elsewhere, don’t let us hold you back,” DeLoach said.

The team currently sits sixth and tenth in the driver's standings with Peters and Brett Moffitt, respectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in