Welcome

Welcome to the Ultimate American Racing Blog --- We hope that you enjoy our community that we have created for all kinds of American racing fans! Enjoy!


HIT Counter!

NASCAR Followers

Powered By Blogger

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Carl Edwards officially steps down, Suarez taking over No. 19 Toyota in Cup

Carl Edwards officially announced on Wednesday that he is stepping away from NASCAR racing for the 2017 season.

Edwards gave a few reasons why he is stepping away. Reigning NASCAR XFINITY Series Daniel Suarez will replace Edwards in the NO. 19 Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) Toyota in 2017.

"This is amazing," Suarez said. "I wasn't expecting to be in this position right now. We live in an amazing time. It's just hard to believe. We started this dream 10 years ago, and to be in this position right now is something amazing for me and everyone that's been helping me.

"I know that it won't be easy. I have a lot to learn, but I ... have an amazing team. It's a great place for a rookie like me to be."

JGR owner Joe Gibbs said he anticipates filling the No. 19 XFINITY Series ride -- which Suarez was slated to drive full time -- with a number of drivers. Suarez, he projected, would race approximately 10 times in that series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in