Welcome

Welcome to the Ultimate American Racing Blog --- We hope that you enjoy our community that we have created for all kinds of American racing fans! Enjoy!


HIT Counter!

NASCAR Followers

Powered By Blogger

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Monday, November 2, 2015

IN HIS OWN WORDS: Jeff Gordon's Martinsville Victory

UNB! NETWORK STAFF REPORT
(Image was processed using digital filters) Jeff Gordon, driver of the
#24 AARP Member Advantages Chevrolet, celebrates in Victory
Lane after winning the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Goody'
Headache Relief Shot 500 at Martinsville Speedway on
November 1, 2015 in Martinsville, Virginia.

(PHOTO: Jonathan Moore/Getty Images North America)
Jeff Gordon was very excited after his victory Sunday in the Sprint Cup Series' Goody's Headache Relief Shot 500 at Martinsville Speedway.

Here's what he had to say about his victory:

• "I'm telling you, it's not registering because I can't believe it. I cannot believe it.  This is turning into one of these just incredible storybook finishes to this year, to this career. Of all years, I mean, of all years, I cannot believe this. I'm so excited it's happening in this year."

• "Trust me, we are not going to take that lightly, that opportunity that lies in front of us. This is not, 'OK, cool, we won Martinsville. We get to be one of the four at Homestead. We're going to watch them battle for the championship.' No way. No way. This team is way better than that. Nobody is more driven and excited than this race team is right now."

• "I mean, it's not that unusual for us to win a Martinsville race. It's to be able to do it when so much is at stake, when you know that this is how you get to Homestead, to be one of those final four. For us to be a team that nobody, nobody, had picked to be able to make it to Homestead, I love that we just keep proving them wrong and finding a way to move on. I think that hopefully when we're at Homestead, people will give us a little more respect of what kind of depth our race team has."

• "Well, listen, why can't we win at Homestead? That's what I say. I think a lot of people didn't think we could do this, and we have. There's no reason why we can't do it there as well. "

• "You don't just flip a switch and automatically find some magic. But we've been working on a lot of things. We've been getting better. …  I absolutely think that we're just as capable as anybody else that's going to be in that final four."

• "This is one of the finest moments I think I've ever had in my career, I'll be honest. It's just because what this year means, that this is my final year, my final race at Martinsville, punching our ticket to Homestead, having my family here, the hard work this team has put together, that reaction from the fans. This is one of my finest moments I've ever had. "

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in