Welcome

Welcome to the Ultimate American Racing Blog --- We hope that you enjoy our community that we have created for all kinds of American racing fans! Enjoy!


HIT Counter!

NASCAR Followers

Powered By Blogger

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Drivers React To DAYTONA Incident

By @GucciardoJoey

This past weekend and Daytona International Raceway, Austin Dillon went into the fence on the last lap as Dale Earnhardt Jr. won te race.

Jeff Gordon had these comments to say:

"That is why we love our fans," Gordon said. "They came here to see some crazy, wild stuff and we are going to give it to them. I'll tell you, on that last lap, nobody is lifting... There is nobody letting out of the gas. Unfortunately, this is the result of it.

Gordon then went on to say "It's literally like a video game out there these days, except it's for real life. It's crazy. It's really crazy. I love Daytona. This place has been amazing for me. I can't believe this is my final race here, but after going through that experience I'm glad I only have one more restrictor-plate race left."

"NASCAR got what they wanted. That's the end of it," Ryan Newman told USA Today Sports, referring to restrictor-plate racing. "Cars getting airborne, unsafe drivers, same old stuff. They just don't listen."

"I've never seen anything like that," Jimmie Johnson said. "Just a scary, scary moment. I saw it in the mirror, and it hit me hard. I thought something really, really bad happened."

"It scared the s**t out of me," said Dale Earnhardt Jr. "I was near tears, don't even know who it is, but you just don't want to see nobody get hurt. It's awful. It's an awful feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in