Welcome

Welcome to the Ultimate American Racing Blog --- We hope that you enjoy our community that we have created for all kinds of American racing fans! Enjoy!


HIT Counter!

NASCAR Followers

Powered By Blogger

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Saturday, July 11, 2015

NASCAR Talk: CatchFences Secure? I Say Yes

By @GucciardoJoey

Over the past week and a half, NASCAR has seen its fair share of damaged CatchFences.

Austin Dillon hit the CatchFence in DAYTONA this past Monday in the wee hours of the morning after a long rain delay. Fans were injured, but no serious injuries were sustained. No drivers were injured however.

Then, Ben Kennedy hit the CatchFence in the NASCAR Camping Workd Truck Series race at KENTUCKY Speedway this past Thursday night. The race ended 5 laps early due to the amount of time it would take to repair the fence. Matt Crafton was declared the winner. No fans were injured or hurt in this incident. No drivers were either.

I'm asking if the CatchFence is safe.

I think it is, and really safe.

Trust me, that CatchFence makes NASCAR safer altogether.

I can't remember the last time a fan died at a NASCAR race due to a wreck in a race.

In 2013, Kyle Larson flew into the fence at the end of he XFINITY Series opener at DAYTONA. Fans were injured, more seriously than the recent DILLON incident. But still, no deaths occurred.

But I'm not just saying that the CatchFence is safe because no one's died. That wouldn't be an accurate opinion if that was my reasoning.

I'm saying it's safe because I think it's made injuries to fans much less major and much more minor. Also, the fans think it's safe as well.

Pam Manning of Bell, Florida told a local DAYTONA Beach newspaper after Dillon's wreck that the fence held up excellently.

"Most of it [the debris] stayed down on the other side of the fence," Manning told the DAYTONA Beach News Journal "I've seen other accidents where a lot more debris came through."

"I think the fence did a fantastic job," Manning went on to say. "With that kind of a force and weight hitting it, I would have expected a lot more debris to come through though."

I agree with Manning 100 percent. I would have expected a lot more debris to go through the fence. That CatchFence is a life saver. I'm amazed by how well it's held up overtime.

That concludes this edition of NASCAR Talk. I hope you enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in