Welcome

Welcome to the Ultimate American Racing Blog --- We hope that you enjoy our community that we have created for all kinds of American racing fans! Enjoy!


HIT Counter!

NASCAR Followers

Powered By Blogger

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Jake Griffin and Bobby Pierce focus on Eldora

By Joey Gucciardo, UNB! Network Staff Writer | July 16th, 2015 //////NASCAR
@GucciardoJoey
Jake Griffin driving in the 2015 Kroger 250 at
Martinsville Speedway in the NASCAR Camping
World Truck Series.
(Photo CREDIT: Jake Griffin)
They may only be 16 and 18, but they're doing everything they can to get on the NASCAR spotlight.

Griffin, 16, who will be starting in his 3rd Truck Series start at Eldora in Rossburg, Ohio, will be racing his way into next week's 1-800 CarCash Mud Summer Classic at the Ohio track.

Pierce, 18, who has had plenty of local dirt-track success (Griffin has had local dirt-track success as well), will be trying to race his way into his first truck series event in the same race.

Griffin had truck series starts at Martinsville and Iowa this season.

On Griffin's website, there are a few comments from Jake.

"I feel like I've learned so much from racing with the team at Martinsville and Iowa," Griffin said, according to his website. "Now I'm ready to see what I can do in NASCAR competition on dirt."

Pierce, the 2014 DIRTCar National Late Model Champion, had these comments along with Jake's on the same website.

"I'm really excited for the chance to make my first NASCAR Camping World Truck Series start at Eldora because I've spent most of my career racing on dirt," Pierce said. "However, I also know that these are some of the best drivers in the world, and they can drive on just about anything. I'm expecting the track will be hard and slick, making it more like asphalt than dirt, so I realize that it's going to be quite the challenge."

Michael Kamp, who is involved with BPRT, spoke to us personally through Email and through a Q&A phone conversation with his partner James Bushey about Bobby Pierce.

"Although the knowledge I've been taught in the past year makes me seem fluent in racing, I've only been involved with racing for two years," Kamp said via Email. "BPRT has been a huge catalyst for my thirst of racing, and Bobby as an individual is perfect for NASCAR (as a) business and (the) NASCAR fan(s) wants and need(s)."

Here was our Q&A with Kamp:
Q: "How do you feel about the future of Bobby's racing career?"

A (Kamp): "Of the little time that I've been involved in it, the young man is amazing. He seems to be one of the hardest driving out there, and his victories show it. I've probably been involved with Bobby in dirt racing itself for only about two months. Racing is in his blood, and he proves it out on the track."

A (Bushey): "The thing that makes a good NASCAR driver is very good car control. Dirt drivers just make good NASCAR drivers because they (the crews) can set the car up loose. Loose is fast and they (the drivers) know how to handle them."

Extra Notes: "I can compare him to being a Kyle Busch in the sport." -Michael Kamp

Q: "This being Bobby's first start, is it easier that it is on dirt which is where he has almost all of his racing experience?"

A (Kamp): "I would say yes from a perspective. Bobby as an individual, he's so modest with what he does on an everyday basis. He looks and sees where he could have done better. With the dirt being under the tires, I feel like he has a comfortable feeling going into something he knows. He's had victories at Eldora already, so he absolutely has a comfort on that."

Extra Notes: "His car control is unreal. He's called the 'Smooth Operator' for a reason." -Michael Kamp and James Bushey

Q: "How does Bobby feel about racing on such a high level of racing"

A (Kamp): "The man acts like he's born for it. The smiles, anytime you take a picture of him, you get a perfect smile."

"I could see him winning a heat race, maybe a Top-10," Bushey said. "I'm shooting for a win, but it's his first truck race. Anything can happen."

The two basically said that Pierce's car handling is unreal, and that they are expecting him to do very well at Eldora. He could possible get a heat race win, or a top-10 in the final feature. It would be fantastic in my mind to see these two drivers do well. They seem like fantastic drivers who are dedicated and passionate about what they do, and I definitely can see both of them having success at Eldora.

Good luck to these two great drivers who have their eyes set on the Mud Summer Classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in