Welcome

Welcome to the Ultimate American Racing Blog --- We hope that you enjoy our community that we have created for all kinds of American racing fans! Enjoy!


HIT Counter!

NASCAR Followers

Powered By Blogger

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Friday, June 17, 2016

Abreu Flirts With First Win

Rico Abreu shot by second-place Matt Crafton on the final lap of Friday’s Rattlesnake 250, and looked like he could’ve caught race-winner William Byron, when he bumped the wall running the high line and faded back to a ninth-place finish.

A victory would’ve earned Abreu a berth in the eight-driver NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Chase. Right now, Abreu sits 17th in the series points standings, 36 markers behind Spencer Gallagher for the final Chase berth if he cannot pick up a win.

The ninth-place showing set a career high for Abreu, whose previous top finish was 10th at Martinsville.

“This was obviously not the finish we were hoping for,” Abreu said. “I got the top going in turns three and four there, and I kept following, and following, and you can only follow for so long. We came to the white (flag) and you have to push it with the way they’ve built this new Chase format, you have to win and he’s (William Byron) already won. I wasn’t going to do something too stupid, and wreck him, because I’ve done that before. I had to go for it, and I did. I know we have the speed in our Safelite Toyota Tundra’s, and I just have a lot of drive - I’m never giving up."

From Jayski.

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in